Lemon Thyme is one of my absolute favorite Herbs to grow in our garden. It’s virtually impossible to kill, will thrive from Spring to just about winter. It grows super fast and you will most likely have so much you won’t know what to do with it!
For this recipe, I followed a basic Buttermilk Biscuit recipe but altered it a tiny bit to give it a little flare. Hope you like it!
2 Cups Flour
(If you want to do whole wheat, do 1 Cup All Purpose and 1 Cup whole wheat)
1 tsp Salt
2tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Butter
1/2 Cup Buttermilk
Large Sprig of fresh Lemon Thyme
1 tsp of fresh Cracked Pepper
*** Don’t have buttermilk? Thats fine! Use any kind of milk, and add 1 Tbsp of white vinegar to help coagulate and add tang!
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in the butter until it is the size of small pebbles.
- Stir in your buttermilk SLOWLY.
- Knead dough a few times on floured surface and use a cookie cutter (in my case, I used a jar that I flipped upside down. Whatever works for you!
- Remove thyme from stem and combine with fresh cracked pepper, sprinkle over the top of Biscuits and lightly press down.
- Bake for 12 Minutes. Makes about a Dozen.