Most people don’t need a lot of convincing for a taco or fajita night, and this recipe is on heavy repeat in our household with no leftovers in sight!
This is a simple fresh fajita marinade that can be used on any type of protein, my favorite is flank steak.
1 pound flank steak
1 green bell pepper sliced
1 red bell pepper sliced
1 small yellow onion sliced
2 garlic cloves chopped
½ cup of sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 Avocado sliced
½ cup fresh squeezed lime juice, and don’t even try with the bottle stuff!
2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
2 cloves chopped garlic
¼ cup chopped cilantro
¼ cup raw honey
2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon cayenne, less if you like
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together and whisk well.
- Place flank steak in a baking dish or bag and pour the marinade over making sure to completely coat.
- Marinade for at least 4 hours, overnight is best.
- Take the flank steak out and let sit at room temp for 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a cast iron or heavy skillet (personal preference is Le Creuset) , first cook the mushrooms until lightly browned then add the peppers and garlic.
- Cook all the veggies for 5-6 mins over medium-high heat until they are lightly seared.
- Adjust the temp to high and add the steak constantly turning and cooking for another 3-5 minutes or preferred doneness.
- Serve with warm paleo tortillas (find the recipe here) , avocado slices and pickled onions (find the recipe here)